Base Architects were commissioned to undertake an extension and remodelling on this existing 1900’s property. Although not listed, it did fall within a conservation area so particular care had to be taken with regard to the vernacular.
The design focussed on maximising the ground floor space by providing a large open plan kitchen, diner and family space which uses the garden as an extension to the room via access through a set of timber bi-fold doors.
At first floor we carefully crafted an en-suite and remodelled the existing bathroom.
A new high level garden wall dividing the parking from the garden was also designed and constructed.
Whilst the design is complementary to the existing building, it remains contemporary, especially by using a zinc roof which allowed for a shallow pitch.